Military Benefits

Military and Veteran Tuition Reduction Waiver

Bethel University College Public Service offers a Military & Veteran Undergraduate & Graduate tuition reduction waiver** to students who are eligible. Eligibility is based, but not limited to these contingencies:

1. The Service member is using Military Tuition Assistance
2. The Student/Veteran is utilizing Veterans Education Benefits

Disclaimer: Students are required to provide Bethel University College of Professional Studies’ Veterans and Military Affairs Department with all requested supplementary documentation in order to become eligible for our Military & Veteran Reduction Waiver**.

Undergraduate Reduction Waiver:  Tuition Cost: Inquire

Graduate Reduction Waiver: Tuition Cost: Inquire

Military Tuition Assistance:

Army TA Application Process

  • Soldiers receiving Tuition Assistance (TA) are required to register
    for every class through
  • The soldier must start a account, complete
    the Statement of Understanding, obtaining all appropriate signatures,
    and then complete the common application
  • Please ensure that Bethel University (McKenzie, TN) is listed as
    your “Home School”

Navy TA Application Process

Marine TA Application Process

  • Marines must apply for and receive written authorization for TA through the appropriate education office, PRIOR to enrollment. Use form NETPDTC 1560.
  • After your request is approved, you MUST send us a copy of the approved TA Authorization form

Air Force TA Application Process

  • You must apply for Tuition Assistance online using the Air Force Virtual Education Center. This must be done through the Air Force Portal at
  • After your request is approved, you MUST send us a copy of the approved TA Authorization form

Why there may be a need to use GI Bill Education Benefits or FAFSA (Pell/Scholarship/Loans)?

  • Military Tuition Assistance will pay up to $250/semester hour, up to 16 semester hours can be taken with an approved school per Fiscal Year. Normally, enough for 5 1/3 courses per fiscal year (Military TA fiscal year limits starts in October). We normally, have 8 courses during the Military TA’s Fiscal Year, which means after your 5th course under TA Funds you may be exhausted until October.
  • It is important for you to research your Financial Aid, GI Bill, and Scholarship options carefully, to ensure your selected Benefits or Military Tuition Assistance will be enough to cover courses you have planned on taking.

Veteran’s Education Benefit & Military Tuition Assistance Documents Required for Enrolling:

1. Undergraduate Military and Veteran Reduction, we will need a signed Tuition Reduction Disclosure.

2. If using VA benefits: 

a) A copy of the signed and completed VA Application Form (VA Form 22-1990, 22-1995, 22-1990e, 22- 5490, 22-5495, or if using Vocational Rehabilitation VA Form 28-1905).
b) We will need you to educate us on which VA Education Benefit’s Chapter you are planning to use, and/or (if applicable) send us a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility Form you have received from the VA or a copy of your previous VA Award Letter (if using this benefit at another institution).
c) We are required by the VA to have either a copy of the students DD214 (if ever activated), NOBE (if Guard/Reserve), or a copy of any AD Orders/ERB if you are presently Active Duty Military.

3. If utilizing Military Tuition Assistance we will need one of the following:

  • Signed Military Tuition Assistance Statement of Understanding (SOU) (Commander’s signature required unless student is a E7 or above)
  • Account showing Bethel University (McKenzie, TN) as your “Home School” (if Army branch)
  • Tuition Authorization Form (showing proof of TA eligibility/course registration; all other branches).

Accessing VA Education Benefit Forms:

If you have utilized your VA Education Benefits at a prior institution and using the Same Education Benefit, we will need you to submit your copy of your Change of Program/Place (form 22-1995 or 22-5495) accessible on VONAP/eBenefits

If you have never utilized your VA Benefits prior or you are changing your VA Education Benefit we will need you to fill out your VA Application for Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990, 22-1990e, or 22-5490) accessible on VONAP/eBenefits:

Questions about Veterans or Military Benefit’s?

please use the contact form below…

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message

Alternately, you can contact Bethel University Veterans Center at:

Bethel University Veterans Center
2200-A Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
Hours: 9am to 4pm Monday-Friday
Phone: 931-551-9640
Fax: 931-551-4157