When your Chromebook powers up, you can check to see if it is connected to a WIFI network by clicking the status area where your account picture appears. If your Chromebook is connected to a WIFI network, you will see the WIFI on icon. If you see the WIFI off icon, you will need to turn on your Chromebooks WIFI.
Turn on WIFI
- Click on the WIFI off icon.
- Click No Network.
- Click Turn on WIFI or click the enable WIFI icon.
Connect to a secure network
- You will need to select the network that you want to connect to, click the secure network icon.
- Enter the network password and press Enter.
Connect to a WPA2 enterprise network
- Where your account picture appears, click the status area.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Internet Connection, choose Add Connection.
- Choose Add WIFI.
- Choose Advanced.
- Next, enter your WPA2 network credentials
- In the Sever CA certificate field, you need to choose Default if the server certificate is currently installed on your Chromebook. This can be checked by visiting:chrome://settings/certificates in your browser, then clicking Authorities. *The networks administrator may need to install the server certificate in if isn’t already installed.
- Click Connect.
Additional Chromebook WIFI troubleshooting topics can be found here.