When computers get overheated, they are designed to turn themselves off automatically. Heat related computer issues occur when they are working hard for extended periods of time. There are a few things that you can check to see if your computers issue is heat related.
- Check to see if the computers fan is coming on and running quickly and smoothly.
- Listen to the fans movement. If you hear any loud squealing sounds or abnormal sounds, this could be an indication of a fan malfunctioning.
- Check you surge protector, ensure that it is free from breaks in its plastic covering and in proper working order. You could have a problem related to the surge protector or the walls outlet. Try using a different wall outlet and surge protector.
It is also possible that your computer has a virus or malware that is designed to shut down your computer.
- Does your computer shut off when performing certain tasks or using specific programs?
- Does your computer shut off at specific times of the day?
- Try running a scan using the Avast Antivirus,antivirus software program that came on your laptop to see if your system has become infected.
If none of the above solutions have helped, please contact the Help Desk:
Open from 8-6 pm Monday-Friday